Carolyn Ferris began her art career in the 80’s. She created paintings with Timothy Leary, and was art director and illustrator for his book: Chaos and Cyberculture.
She started her poster design career when asked to make one for a Prodigy show at the Warfield in San Francisco.
Since then, she has designed for venues and bands such as the Fillmore, Widespread Panic, Maritime Hall, Santana, 23andMe, IBM, among others.
She joined the Moonalice poster design pool in 2009 and continues to design posters for Moonalice, Roger McNamee, and Doobie Decibel System from the Bay Area.
As art partners, Wes Wilson and Carolyn Ferris created over 40 finished works together, while many others were left in progress.
Her current series, Fantastic Scenes in the Galaxy debuted at monca, Museum of Northern California Art. It will continue to exhibit at other locations.
- Metro Weekly (COVER ART) San Jose/Silicon Valley https://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk/html5/reader/production/default.aspx?pubname=&pubid=df08dbb0-8c46-45fb-b79b-f08e9555fbb9
- Typography Wes Wilson/Carolyn Ferris https://karo.design.blog/2018/11/09/the-principles-of-type/
- See Great Art https://www.seegreatart.art/rock-poster-artist-carolyn-ferris-receiving-solo-show/
- Chico Enterprise Reporter chico-enterprise-record.html
- San Francisco Chronicle https://www.sfgate.com/art/article/Rock-poster-artist-Carolyn-Ferris-on-a-roll-with-5328935.php#photo-6033206