Carolyn Ferris began her art career in the 80’s. She created paintings with Timothy Leary, and was art director and illustrator for his book: Chaos and Cyberculture.
She started her design career when asked to make a poster for a Prodigy show at the Warfield.
Since then, she has designed for venues and bands such as the Fillmore, Widespread Panic, Maritime Hall, Santana, 23andMe, IBM, among others.
For the last 14 years, she’s created posters for Moonalice and Roger McNamee from the Bay Area.
She’s created over 40 works with her art partner, Wes Wilson.
Currently debuting her series, Fantastic Scenes in the Galaxy, is set to open at her solo exhibition at Museum of Northern California beginning July 13-August 27, 2023.
The series and her posters will tour from there to other locations.
- Metro Weekly (COVER ART) San Jose/Silicon Valley https://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk/html5/reader/production/default.aspx?pubname=&pubid=df08dbb0-8c46-45fb-b79b-f08e9555fbb9
- Typography Wes Wilson/Carolyn Ferris https://karo.design.blog/2018/11/09/the-principles-of-type/
- See Great Art https://www.seegreatart.art/rock-poster-artist-carolyn-ferris-receiving-solo-show/
- Chico Enterprise Reporter chico-enterprise-record.html
- San Francisco Chronicle https://www.sfgate.com/art/article/Rock-poster-artist-Carolyn-Ferris-on-a-roll-with-5328935.php#photo-6033206